Chandelier

 Materials: 
a.  Four (4) canvases measuring 27cm X 22cm each;
b.  Daler Rowney, Graduate Acrylic in Gold Imit, Raw Umber and Titanium White;
c.  Daler Rowney, Flow Enhancer;
d.  Daler Rowney, Texture Paste;
e.  Brushes; 
f.   Cotton buds; and
g.  Mixing Palette.

This quadriptych was painted early this year, when I first got my Gold Imit acrylic paint. I absolutely adore bold colours. The background was a simple creation from texture paste and acrylic colours, both in Gold Imit as well as Raw Umber. 


Later, I did a rough sketch of the chandelier with Titanium White (no photos available, unfortunately). At this juncture, I added layer after layer of chains, arms and prisms, first with Titanium White then with Gold Imit.




Do take note that painting a chandelier requires a lot of patience. It took me weeks of struggle with one liner brush and a few cotton buds. The fact that acrylic is a fast-drying paint did not help. However, with much research and persistence, this chandelier begun to look well, like a chandelier. 



 Now I can swing from the chandelier! 




No comments