Wau


This piece, initially titled 'Soar' was prepared for a competition themed 'Your Art, Your Story'. My late grandmama lived in a village, where we drew waters from a well for baths. Chickens roamed freely, children ran barefoot, televisions came in the shape of a box, kites filled the skies. This triptych depicts the simplicity and beauty of a kite, and life. 




Over the years my paintings have become complex. I have forgotten how to paint simply. The middle piece represents my childhood years while the coloured pieces mirror the present. The gold-coloured-theme reminds me that simplicity is gold, watching a kite fly high was and still is, gold. 


My entry was not short-listed.

End of story.

3 comments

  1. Congratulations on the opening

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, babe! :D And it DOES tell your story, doesn't matter if it wasn't shortlisted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Yuki and Lisa! There will be more posts to come haha!

    ReplyDelete